Missing the Forest While Counting Trees : Content Consumption and Tactical Metrics
By Gary Angel|
November 25, 2019
The Measurement Minute by Gary Angel
Game-ability isn’t the only way metrics can go wrong. Sometimes, a metric’s problems are revealed when it accomplishes exactly what you intended with it. Content Consumption metrics are a good example of a metric that – while seeming to drive the intended behavior – can actually steer a business wildly off course.
- Fixing Overly Tactical Metrics: Content Consumption Part II
- Missing the Forest While Counting Trees : Content Consumption and Tactical Metrics
- Gameable Metrics: College Board 2 : Students and Universities 0
- After the Apocalypse: the Virtues of Cloud Infrastructure
- Tackling Data Governance: Is it the Equivalent of Soviet-era Agriculture?