The McNamara Fallacy and the Cynicism Behind Bad Metrics
By Gary Angel|
May 22, 2019
The Measurement Minute by Gary Angel
Sometimes bad metrics just fool us. But often, the people using them have entirely cynical reasons for glomming onto the really stupid ones. Credit Yale and other users of the Adversity Score for being perfectly aware of how awful the metric they’re using is.
- Fixing Overly Tactical Metrics: Content Consumption Part II
- Missing the Forest While Counting Trees : Content Consumption and Tactical Metrics
- Gameable Metrics: College Board 2 : Students and Universities 0
- After the Apocalypse: the Virtues of Cloud Infrastructure
- Tackling Data Governance: Is it the Equivalent of Soviet-era Agriculture?