The One IoT Headache Everyone Shares
By Gary Angel|
August 11, 2019
The Measurement Minute by Gary Angel
When you put devices in the field, you open up a whole Christmas-tree full of boxes of IT problems. There is nothing – and I mean nothing – more frustrating than losing contact with your devices in the field. Because what you do? You can’t talk to them to find out what’s wrong or fix them. And rolling a truck to send out a technician is expensive. And that tech probably can’t do much either except see if a light is blinking or pull a device and send it back. So yes…Device Management is a thing.
- Fixing Overly Tactical Metrics: Content Consumption Part II
- Missing the Forest While Counting Trees : Content Consumption and Tactical Metrics
- Gameable Metrics: College Board 2 : Students and Universities 0
- After the Apocalypse: the Virtues of Cloud Infrastructure
- Tackling Data Governance: Is it the Equivalent of Soviet-era Agriculture?