Fixing Overly Tactical Metrics: Content Consumption Part II
By Gary Angel|
December 2, 2019
The Measurement Minute by Gary Angel
If Views is overly tactical and encourages click-bait content, what’s the right metric to replace it? Here are three strategies (all with relevance in other areas) that can help: measure consumption by target audience (which implies measuring audience), focus on subsequent consumption lift, and use target audience as a denominator to create share metrics.
- Fixing Overly Tactical Metrics: Content Consumption Part II
- Missing the Forest While Counting Trees : Content Consumption and Tactical Metrics
- Gameable Metrics: College Board 2 : Students and Universities 0
- After the Apocalypse: the Virtues of Cloud Infrastructure
- Tackling Data Governance: Is it the Equivalent of Soviet-era Agriculture?