Landfill or Goldmine? 42 Billion Devices and 80 Zettabytes of Data
By Gary Angel|
July 9, 2019
The Measurement Minute with Gary Angel
IDC recently forecasted that by 2025 – not too long from now – we’ll have 42 billion IoT devices in the field generating 80 Zettabytes (yeah – I had to look it up) of data. Well…big whoopee, right? But beyond the hype, a distinguishing feature of IoT devices is that their function is often to generate data. The Measurement Minute explains why that matters.
- Fixing Overly Tactical Metrics: Content Consumption Part II
- Missing the Forest While Counting Trees : Content Consumption and Tactical Metrics
- Gameable Metrics: College Board 2 : Students and Universities 0
- After the Apocalypse: the Virtues of Cloud Infrastructure
- Tackling Data Governance: Is it the Equivalent of Soviet-era Agriculture?